Quick Links to ServicesPhone Service
From residential to business, find a telephone plan that's right for you!
Digital TV Service
South Central has several TV Packages! Which one is right for you?
We offer speeds to satisfy any user!
South Central Rural Telephone Cooperative/
South Central Telcom LLC
DSL with Digital Video Service
Installation Terms and Conditions
- DSL installed through Res-Gateway- Video Basic Installation rules shall apply up to and including the Res-Gateway. One Ethernet cable of reasonable length, as determined by the Telco, will be provided to connect to the customer’s DSL computer equipment from the Res-Gateway per the rate set on the pricing page ($25.00).
- Beyond Basic Installation Wiring- Wiring for additional DSL connections will be done on a T & M basis if deemed practical by the Telco.
- Customer Responsibility- Customer shall have a preinstalled Network Interface Card (NIC) in the computer of interconnection prior to DSL installation. All wiring the customer elects to install, required for DSL turn-up, must be completed prior to installation time. If there is not a preinstalled NIC in the computer, the DSL technicians can install one per T & M if requested. Additionally, all computer networking is the customer’s responsibility unless specifically identified and agreed upon by both parties.
- DSL Activation and Turn-up- If DSL service is activated at time of Digital Video turn-up, the DSL With Video Basic Installation rules shall apply with no extra trip charge. (If additional DSL technicians visits are required for installation problems found past Telco’s facilities demark point or a delay on behalf of Customer, a DSL Technician trip charge for trouble isolation time. If customer request Telco Technician to further isolate and/or repair any customer owned equipment, all ¼ hours thereafter will be charged at the listed ¼ hour rates. Extra material used beyond that specified above shall be additionally charged at the current material rates.)
- Networking- All computer networking is the customer’s responsibility unless specifically identified and agreed upon by Telco prior to installation. If the customer has a pre-existing network, the DSL technician will verify the DSL modem is working by surfing the Internet using Telco’s laptop. If additional help for networking issues are requested by the customer, extra time will be charged.
- Billing- See Video & DSL General Terms and Conditions.
Without Digital Video Service
- DSL Basic Installation- DSL Basic Installation shall be defined as:
* Installation activities and premise visit necessary to place in service one DSL service jack and one Ethernet cable of reasonable length, as determined by the Telco, for connecting the customer’s DSL computer equipment to be used with DSL service of Telco.
* DSL Basic installation shall be charged at the DSL installation rate on pricing page plus a DSL trip charge
* DSL Basic Installation includes if required: the placement or replacement of the end connections on existing cable, of outlet connectors, placement or replacement of cable where cable is non-existent or substandard for DSL service, or other work necessary to activate Telco’s DSL Service to a single DSL unit (computer, etc.). It does not include the required modem.
* Additional outlets activated for DSL service if deemed practical by Telco and will be on T & M basis.
* DSL Basic Installation work will be preformed as required, unless deemed impractical by the Telco.
- Beyond Basic Installation Wiring- See item 2 above.
- Customer Responsibility- See item 3 above.
- Networking- See item 5 above.
- Billing- See item 6 above.