Quick Links to ServicesPhone Service
From residential to business, find a telephone plan that's right for you!
Digital TV Service
South Central has several TV Packages! Which one is right for you?
We offer speeds to satisfy any user!
Contact & Locate Us
1399 Happy Valley Rd.
PO Box 159
Glasgow, KY 42142
Adobe Acrobat ReaderSome documents on this page require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this FREE program, please download it from Adobe's website.
Pre-wire Do It YourselfAre you a "Do It Yourselfer"? Do you want to pull Cat 3 (phone wire), Cat 5 (internet wire), and Coax (TV wire) for your new home? Read over these documents to learn how!
|Residential & Commercial Wiring|
Pre-wire Information - Residential
If requested by the home owner, SCRTC will pre-wire a new house for telephone, TV, and internet service, or any combination thereof as requested as explained below. SCRTC will not charge the customer (see limitations below) if the customer agrees to take SCRTC's telephone, TV and internet service. The terms are as follows:
- Pre-wire is defined as installing the cabling while the walls are exposed. (Before inside wall coverings or insulation are installed).
- The pre-wire installation includes the category 3 wiring (telephone), category 5 wiring (ethernet/data network), and coax cable wiring (television) necessary to wire the premise to meet SCRTC's requirements.
- One trip to the premise, wire and the necessary labor to install the wiring will be at no charge to the customer.
- Any additional trips to the premises required because of changes or additions to original work order requested by the customer may incur charges.
- SCRTC will also install a wire termination box at the time of the pre-wire if requested by the contractor. This pre-wire box will be charged to the home owner at SCRTC's retail rate.
- The pre-wire does not include any hardware or connectors.
All terms listed on this page apply only to South Central RTC customers who will be occupying the new house and agreeing to use South Central RTC as their telephone, TV, and internet provider. If you are building spec homes, a business or commercial structure, please see terms that apply to you in the corresponding Pre-wire Installation Agreements on the right.
Pre-wire Limitations - Residential
The maximum SCRTC will install at no charges is:
Eight (8) category 3 telephone lines
Six (6) coax lines
Three (3) category 5 data lines
Any additional wiring requested by the customer may incur charges.
Wiring Termination - Residential
If requested by the home owner SCRTC will provide the hardware and terminate the telephone, TV, and internet cabling. The Terms are as follows:
If requested, an "estimate" of all charges for labor and hardware can be provided. Charges will be at SCRTC's time and materials rate.
- $40 per hour labor, charge in 15 minute units.
- $25 trip charge.
- Hardware (jacks, wire termination ends, face plates, termination blocks, splitters, etc) will
be charged at SCRTC's retail rate.
- If requested by the home owner the Home Networking Box will be installed at the time of the pre-wire and will be billed at SCRTC's retail price at the time of invoicing.
By opting for SCRTC to install the category 3 (telephone wiring), category 5 (ethernet/network wiring), and coax (television wiring), the customer in no way obligates themselves to have SCRTC terminate wires. The customer is welcome to terminate any wires pulled during the pre-wire themselves or have other contractor(s) to complete wire termination. However, if the Telephone, Digital Television, or DSL installer encounters trouble during installation and SCRTC has to make corrections to the customer's wire terminations, labor charges m ay be incurred to correct these problems.